Monday, May 25, 2009

Blog problems

So I now have about 15 different blogs that I check on a fairly regular basis. This is Coorain’s fault because he seems to have an endless supply of blogs he follows and his taste is actually very good.

The problem with that is that every time I read a blog, I have to fight the impulse to go to the very earliest entry and read every single post from oldest to newest. For some reason the idea that once I finish with that, the only posts I won’t have read are future ones is extremely appealing. It’s a huge time suck.

So I’m sitting on my bed (by which I mean my bed at Rill’s house, which is COVERED with cat hair; like so much cat hair that if I were allergic I would be dead. As it is, I’m just really itchy). And reading Texts From Last Night backwards from page 60. And the problem is that the TFLN on page 60 are not funny. I guess that’s because it wasn’t well known then, so they didn’t get many entries. But it’s depressing. Here’s a not funny one:

(212): brb k???!! plz don’t leave i want 2 tlk bout r rltnshp

Why is that funny? Because of the weird text abbreviations? Also, they’re all from the same area codes: 810, 313, 586, 248, 734, 312. In order, those area codes are: Flint, Michigan; Detroit, Michigan; Flint, Michigan; Pontiac, Michigan; Ypsilanti, Michigan; Central Chicago, Illinois.

I guess TFLN started in Michigan. Except for that one Central Chicago person.

Anyway now I’m on page 53 and it’s getting steadily funnier. Which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment